This is a set of Python scripts to manage readiness assurance tests for
team-based learning. Teampy helps you to manage paper-based readiness assurance tests (RATs).
For the creation of RATs, Teampy helps you with the following:
- Write your RAT in a simple textual format. This lets you work in the editor of your choice. In this source format, you write questions so that always the first answer alternative is the best (correct) one.
- Convert the raw RATs into LaTeX, from which you can generate PDF.
- Teampy shuffles the questions and answers for each student and each team. This makes cheating a bit harder, since students cannot just copy the answer alternatives from their neighbors. It also lets you select the scratch cards for the teams without reshuffling your question alternatives manually.
- All students receive an individual answer sheet with their name already filled out. This gives you better control over who attends the RATs, and prevents students from taking them home when RATs count for final grades.
For the grading, Teampy helps you with the following:
- Collect the answers by writing a single line of text for each student. This makes correcting the RATs surprisingly fast. For most classes, you get the results from the individual round already before the team round is finished.
- Look at the results of a class to give feedback to students. This helps you to detect concepts and questions that need some clarification.
- Send individual results to each student via your own email.
Current Project Status
The project is in an early stage, and not all features are in place yet.